Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,379

    Eatons Hill

    March 3, 2022 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 24 °C

    Friday 4th was Summer’s 2nd birthday, so we packed up and set off back to Brisbane to celebrate her birthday weekend with the family.
    The main roads were now fully open and we could see that some of the valleys passing through Gympie will have seen some major flooding. The trees were stained brown with sand deposits to 3- 4m above the road level in some instances.
    We got into Eatons Hill in early afternoon – the flood relief and storm drainage system clearly having done its job as the area was water free and the parks which were 2m deep with water 5 days ago back to normal.
    We had a great weekend with the family. On Saturday Jamie and Renee needed some time without the girls to prepare for a party on Sunday, so we took the girls off to Sandgate for a walk along the nearby pier and to the play area. The fishermen on the pier were more engaged than the Chinaman at Urangan. We all enjoyed an ice cream at the local parlour, so much so that the girls had another one to share.
    On Sunday we took Sophie and Samantha shopping with us as we stocked up for our next trip. Mum and dad, with Summers help prepared the house for Summer’s birthday party. All her immediate cousins and some of her half cousins came over for an afternoon party, frolics in the pool, a great bbq and a pinata to beat for the children. Everybody had a good time.
    Read more