Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 129–154

    Pigeon Forge, TN

    24 Mac, Amerika Syarikat ⋅ ⛅ 61 °F

    We stayed in Pigeon Forge for several weeks, largely to pass the time after leaving Florida before our fun birthday weekend for Jess which will be in early May in Nashville.

    This town is very touristy, but that does mean that we have a lot of restaurants and even a couple of grocery stores right around the corner and riding our bicycles is faster than driving a car would be if we had one. The traffic is a little nuts.

    Coincidentally, we found out that my good friend and colleague, Julie, and her family would be visiting Pigeon Forge while we were here. She lives in Chicago and her family came down for a quick spring break trip that was planned without having any idea that we would be here.

    Julie and I have been long distance friends for a couple of years and this was the first time we've ever met in person since becoming friends! Our families seemed to get along pretty well and we had a nice dinner and then came back to the RV for a campfire and s'mores.

    We weren't able to take much advantage of being in the Smokey Mountains on the hiking front as all the trailheads were too far away and not safe to cycle to, but next week we're down the street in Gatlinburg and at the end of April we'll be spending a week much deeper in the mountains for me to get my nature and hiking fix.

    Meanwhile, Mr. Sammiches is settling in pretty well and dipping his toe in the lap cat waters ... mostly with Christian. And spring has sprung--even in our travel day sink of plants :)
    Baca lagi