Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Day 4 Bargrennan to Craigenbay

    July 15, 2017 in Scotland ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Did you know Scotland is like Camelot? Only rains at night. After the rain last night we woke to a overcast day and on went the Gortex. We left at 0630 as another long day was ahead of us.
    The first hour saw us following the River Cree. Beautiful and peaceful. I've been telling Shirl a Monarch of the Glen will suddenly appear and we will have a perfect photo. Not today.
    We were surprised how good the track was. Only occassional boggy patches. For a while it was a grassy path.
    On arrival at the Waters of Trool we actually saw a bench. You know the one for sitting on. The first in 4 days. More followed as we walked on a good track. This is a ramblers circuit and thankfully they have improved conditions.
    More surprises followed. We actually met 2 walkers by Loch Trool. A beautiful. Picture perfect loch on one side and logging devastation on the other.
    Another surprise followed with a heavy laden walker sitting on another bench. It was too much.
    More Lochs followed with good tracks and we reached our pick-up point after 9 hours.
    Ronnie our BNB host was full of information. The Knights Templar stayed in Daley and that's how it got its name.
    There is a photo of an inscribed stone we don't know it is but will find out.
    Dinner was at the Clachan inn. Yes as it was evening it started raining and the no wonder we have not seen any Monarchs. They adorned the dining room. Empty at first but filled up later.
    Read more