Satellite
  • Day 143

    Hong Kong To Amsterdam

    May 30, 2018 in the Netherlands ⋅ 🌧 20 °C

    Hong Kong To Amsterdam

    Our last day in Hong Kong was so good ,we were out early, still very hot 30o, at 8am..but we walked in our neighbourhood ,amongst the many Families going to work and taking the children to day care and school, all in uniform ,and they are very cute of course.. Little cafes with things western and also local food ,a big circuit in the spotless surrounds ,the washing all out in various ingenious forms of securement.. high above. Back for breakfast ,coffee shop with harbour views, and later further afield for a glimpse of more local life, supermarket in depth, its such precision ,of beautiful display. Lunch in an area of so many different foods, lots of Japanese and Bakery items, quite amazed that in this bustling area, a Mother left her little boy, gathered from Day care with all his treasures ,pictures and books, to settle, just beside us, and went off into the supermarket ,for a reasonable time, came back with food and off again, not many countries that could happen ,these are gentle people ,quiet and disciplined ,walking everywhere we don’t ever feel unsafe ,never have..I know there is organised crime on a huge scale, but we still love Hong Kong, after 8 times..and still much to see, restricted this time with the glasses being made, and we journeyed off for them later in the day ,all perfect ,after a wait in a downtown mall ,so much to watch ,needing to be out of the intense heat…
    Dinner packed and transported collected exactly on time as always happens in Hong Kong…The Airport more vast than ever, and we walked what seemed miles, even a train this time ,and in the end seemed to be roughly where we have been before.??? A 777 300 this time very huge and maybe not packed, as usual ,it’s a long way, and was a bumpy ride ,but sleep possible I think for longer than it seemed..A full and active day helped there…
    Need to share the pictures so a smaller post...
    Read more