Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Parador de Baiona - The Retreat Begins

    March 24 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 57 °F

    Seven women from across the globe meet together in Porto to walk their individual pilgrimages in a shared experience. We come from Australia, Scotland, and the US (Iowa, Georgia and Florida). We range in age from 51 to 59.

    This retreat is led by Lisa Staab, a mindfulness coach, Reiki Master, Chef and foodie. We are focusing on mindfulness. Nine attributes of mindfulness... let's see how many I can remember. Surrender, acceptance, letting go, childlike spirit, gratitude, generosity. Becoming childlike and being able to see every moment for a beginner's point of view stands out to me the most.

    We traveled from Porto to Baiona, Spain, where we are staying at Parador de Baiona, this beautiful castle surrounded by water.

    I was able to get a one hour nap, charge my phone and connect to wifi, shower, and make it to our group meeting and dinner. It was a great evening getting to know each other.

    Lisa gave each of us bags with our Camino passport, shell to hang on our backpacks, a foot bath container, a bracelet, journal, tea, bath balms, nuts, and chocolate.

    I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep!
    Read more