Satellite
  • Day 7

    Boat trip - snorkelling

    May 13, 2015 in Brazil ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Buffet brekkie of fresh fruit, rolls & cake set us up for our hunt for the fishies.
    70R. Boat trip around the north of the island to blue lagoon, green lagoon and a few other places I can't remember. All very pretty. If it wasn't for the weather would have been stunning. Rained half the morning leaving us all shivering & soaked. Opted not to get back in the water in the afternoon. Anna was braver. Saw big cushion starfish, turtle, strange fish with flappy blue wings & beautiful pipefish.
    Spoke to a couple of guys living in Buenos Aires who couldn't recommend a single site to visit so we have struck it off our list as it is a long way down & then back up.
    Had first capirinhas of the holiday in front of the hotel on the beach...52 steps from our room...20 steps from the sea... live music...amazing cocktails :) Bizarre dinner combination of feijao, rice, grilled chicken & chips. Service & cover charge added to bill which was unusual. Anna spent most of the night petting & feeding the stray dogs. She also was very happy when she worked out how to use the spray hose in the toilet!!!
    Anna's latest birthday has had a profound effect... she is going to bed earlier than me now! and has been falling asleep on buses, boats etc.
    Read more