Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    A big two days

    August 28, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Well we spent yesterday exploring Exmouth and the Ningaloo reef. First stop was supplies and coffee in Exmouth. After encountering some Emus and their chicks. Then drove back to the Cape Range National park stopping briefly at the light house at Vlamingh Head and spying a Perentie goanna . We were lucky enough to see whales breaching out at sea along the coast. Next stop was the Tourist centre for a map of good snorkelling sites. Saw massive eagles nest on the comms tower.
    Next stop Turquoise Bay and drift snorkelling where the current takes you along the coast. You need to be careful as many people do get into trouble snorkwlling heat. Follow the signs and you'll be right. The we headed for the otherside of the bay for some more snorkelling. Tip the reef at the drift is so much better but we did see a turtle on the bay side but he disappeared quickly. After leaving the bay saw some wild dog Dingos. It seems they have a lot in the park as there is signs everywhere. We called past Oyster Stacks but the tide was way too low, so called it a day.
    Today we drove for approx 8 hrs with a brief stop by the Harding River in Roebourne. Don't be put ofd stopping there as you will miss some beautiful old buildings, amazing artists and scenery down at the Harding river which still had some water in small pools.
    Finally arrived in Hedland, my second home where I spend a lot of time. Tomorrow is a rest day so lets see what we can find to do before we head to Broome.
    Read more