Satelit
  • Hari 23

    Wet lemmings

    27 September 2019, Sepanyol ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    Today's KMs - 33.3kms
    Total KMs - 542.6kms
    Total blisters - 12 (3 new ones today on the same toe ☹️)

    We left Melide in the rain which didn't ease for the next 7 hours until our arrival into O Pedrouzo. There was a constant stream of coloured ponchos and rain jackets down each path as we all walked the Camino, sliding our way through like wet lemmings. The guide book wasn't kidding, foot traffic has definitely grown exponentially. It was hard walking through the crowds which included more bikes than we've seen since we arrived in Spain. Odd to see riders without helmets speeding pass us on foot. It must be a different experience doing the Camino by bike. We even saw kids walking the Camino today.

    There wasn't much to see today with the scenery blocked by the fog/ rain and photos made impossible without other walkers in the way. It was interesting to see everyone and wonder how different their journeys have been which brought them to the path today. We did notice that we were in the minority with our packs on. Most walkers must have sent their packs on with some walking in jeans and wearing thongs/ flats. We were doing it hard & they must have thought we were stupid.

    Aside from the crowds of lemmings there were so many bars, eateries and camino merchandise stalls along the way. Neither the Norte or the Primitivo had anything like this. The luxury of not having to carry your food and water each day!

    Now, only 19.4kms to Santiago!
    Baca lagi