Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Resort day

    February 20, 2019 in Thailand ⋅ 🌙 27 °C

    So we eventually got ourselves up and moving. It's hard to get hold of everyone with the dodgy Wi-Fi so that is a little annoying. We went for a wander through the resort, now it's on quite a hill, so beautiful! But a damn hill. So we worked our way down past the few pools, restaurants, spa, gym etc, right down to the big restaurant and beach just to get a feel of things. The way back up was not so fun, but we did find out later that you can call for a golf buggy and they'll take you back up, wish we knew that earlier.
    We popped our swimmers on and headed for the pool. It was amazing! Had some lunch and took advantage of their 1pm happy hour.. for a few hours. I flogged Ben in connect 4 at the pool bar, at the start at least, we won't talk about the last few games. We're both a little pink but no major sunburn. Back to the room to freshen up and head down to the welcome cocktail party that the resort puts on on Wednesdays. Had some free, delicious cocktails and canapes while listening to some music. When the bride came down she told us that the groom had a little mishap on his bucks today, he tried to do a flip off a boat but instead smashed his head on the edge and needed stitches. Uncle Steve (the father in law), went with him in the 'ambulance', it had sirens absolutely blaring and the lights going, but they were basically in the back of a ute that had a canopy on the tray. They got back after dinner, so we'll see how he's going tomorrow. Dinner was great, pad Thai for Ben and massaman curry for me. They had a fire show on which was also amazing. Pretty tired again tonight, heading into Chawang tomorrow morning for a bit, it's meant to be all hustle and bustle, should be interesting!
    Read more