Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Chaweng

    February 22, 2019 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    We woke up before our alarms today and headed down to breakfast, met up with Mum, Mark, Andrew and Vicky and their 2 little ones. The buffet breakfast has your typical stuff but also a bunch of curries and stir fries, so weird to think of that for breakfast.
    We then got ourselves ready and headed to the lobby, Mum went with Mark to the dentist, he had an appointment yesterday and back today to possibly have some teeth pulled. The other 6 of us headed for Chaweng, got ourselves and cab in and made sure we agreed on the price before we left. Chaweng is so full on! You can tell it's the main strip from all of the wires overhead haha. The Thai people are so genuinely lovely, they all asked if we wanted to go in for a massage or cab or whatever they sell, but when you say 'no thanks', they're so nice about it. They're also really interested in the kids, so sweet with them and giving them highfives. We wandered down the main road popping in and out of shops, then we found a shopping centre which is clearly for tourists, open air but westfield style. We were in there for a bit and the kids had a play then we headed back up the street for a truly Thai inspired lunch.. at Hardrock cafe. It was hot okay! And it had amazing aircon. Haha! Anyway, we had burgers and some cocktails. Heard from mum who said Mark had 7 teeth out! Insane!
    We went for another wander, had a few drinks at the Irish pub before heading back to the resort. More cocktails in the pool and a swim for a few hours. We were meant to be heading out with all of the wedding guests for dinner but with the groom's sore head and apparently a lot of other sore heads from the night before we just stayed at the resort. Freshened up before going to the lobby bar for more drinks and a feed.
    Read more