Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Paia and surrounds

    October 11, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Poptarts to start the day! Such a healthy breakfast, haha! They were pretty good, sweet though! We headed for Paia today, it's a town at the start of the Road to Hana, thought we'd go have a look around because we won't have as much time tomorrow to stop in. It's a cute, little, older town with lots of little shops, we stopped in for lunch at Milagros, burritos and burgers, so good. After lunch we wandered through the shops, somehow ended up in a shop that reminded us a little of something you'd find in Byron bay or Nimbin, lots of organic health foods.
    I read about a beach that has a nice outlook and you might see a turtle or 2, so we headed there. MORE LIKE 21 TURTLES! I was a little bit excited. They were just chilling in the sun, slapping each other with their flippers and going into the water when they got too hot. We spent a while there just watching them, it was really nice. We didn't want to bother them, so we went to another beach for a swim, so refreshing but super salty. It was a nice relaxing afternoon. For dinner we went to a deli for a French dip and pastrami sandwiches, so good! Big day tomorrow!
    Read more