Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,267

    Day 6: Songzanlin Temple - Shangri-la

    October 18, 2018 in China ⋅ ⛅ 9 °C

    -Songzanlin Temple
    -Potatso National Park
    -Chilling at Big Buddha Temple

    Fun in a weird way haha. Today we tried to find people to share car to Meili Mt. with us. First thing in the morning, we found 4 Thai girls around our age checking in at our hotel (Gong-Hui Yang Homestay) we were on the frdly term at first but as we learned they are going Yading, we hastily left for our taxi as they tried to ask Chen to help with wechat. We met them again at dinner and was so awkward 5555.

    After temple we went to national park, but only 1 out of 5 routes were open (with Y100 ticket!!) Crazy. It was also difficult to find transportation too. Slightly annoyed, we left and sleep at hotel from 5-7pm (so tired!!) And went out to send postcard, then eat Sichuan Spicy Fish with Rice (yum!!!) with Shangrila beer and turned the prayer wheel 2 times. (Met other thais again)

    I got to say the Big Buddha (Dafo) is my favorite spot, i just love the fact that it takes a group of people to turn the wheel, and you just cant do it on your own. I also really like the vibe, the fact that we can just sit and stare at it. And be so relaxing~~~
    Read more