Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,268

    Day 7: Meili Moutain - Deqen

    October 19, 2018 in China ⋅ ⛅ 2 °C

    Blue for Sky
    Yellow for Earth
    Red for Fire
    White for Air
    Green for Tree

    ชาวทิเบตเปรียบเปรยภูเขาลูกนี้ว่าเป็นองหญิงเหม่ยลี่ สาวบริสุท เนื่องจากยังไม่เคยมีใครพิชิตเขาลูกนี้ได้

    One of the most beautiful hike of this trip!

    We finally decided to go to Meili even though we only have 24 hours to spare (including traveling 10 hrs round)
    We left Shangri-la early in the morning and arrived in Deqen around noon. Our only plan was to go to observatory and watch the sunrise, but luckily we were able to find a big group of tourist who stay at our hotel to go to Minyong Glacier with us. If we hadnt found these people, we wouldnt be able to afford it! I really love the vibe of traveling in big group (with people in their 40-50s so fit, they came hiking!)

    Anyway, the hike wasnt what i expected at all, its so much more beautiful! Its like hiking in กิ่วแม่ปาน but just more beautiful and you ALWAYS see the snow mountain in the background (can see from most place in town, really)

    It was about 3 hours hiking (round) and to be honest, the glacier wasnt impressive to me (but the way there made up for it!)

    We went back around 6pm and Chen scared me that I, in anyway, cannot get sick at 3000m altitude or I WILL DIE!
    Omg! You bet i didnt leave my electric bed that night even though i was soooo hungry! Obviously I made it out alright
    Read more