Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 4

    October 2, 2019 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    As luxurious as our room is, you still need to keep the bedroom door closed to sleep, as the nearby surf can still get pretty loud! Once I managed to fall back asleep, Ted woke me up early again before we headed to Sean and Aaron's hotel to join them for breakfast. Whilst waiting for them, we enjoyed the view from the rooftop restaurant which had amazing views of the Zona Romantica.

    During the morning we relaxed on the beach, where I again had the opportunity to show off by practicing Spanish to any hawkers who dared to approach us! Ted and I then walked into the main part of town in the hot weather. There was not a lot to see besides a church and market area, but it was still pleasant seeing the neighborhood.

    Ted and I had a small lunch of fried calamari at an undercover beach restaurant before heading back to our suite. On the way back, we stopped at a local deli to buy some cheeses, chips and salsas, and invited Sean and Aaron back to our room for a swim and drinks. The pool isn't totally secluded though, as the girls from the room above chatted to us from their balcony.

    We took some beautiful sunset photos before heading into town. Some of the hawkers here offer pot or a massage although we didn't accept either offer. We headed to Blondies Bar where we met some Americans who we saw out again later. Feeling peckish by this stage, we went to a fancy, although dark, pizza restaurant for something to eat before heading to Mr. Flamingo.

    Ted was definitely tipsy by this stage but we met a lot of fun people and ended up staying longer than Sean and Aaron. When things started to wind down, we headed back to our suite for some sleep.
    Read more