Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Happy Wandering and meeting nice people!

    September 8, 2022 in the Netherlands ⋅ 🌧 15 °C

    As there had been a lot of rain overnight we decided to download a transport ticket for the day. Unfortunately, although the bank showed we had paid, the transport app kept waiting for payment to go through and wouldn’t let us activate our tickets. Thankfully, after explaining to the tram driver that there was a problem he let us on for the ride to ‘The Nine Streets’ for the first part of our day. (Nice person number 1).

    The rest of the morning was spent roaming the Nine Streets area, keeping Lesley out of the many unaffordable designer shops and followed by a visit to a deli where we had our morning coffee and hot chocolate. Served by a lovely, helpful and interesting man who gave us guidance to our next port of call. (Nice person number 2).

    Foodhallen for lunch, a food hall with a variety of local and ethnic stalls. Chatted with 2 young lads from Blackpool and Preston, Glasgow supporters who had come for the Champions League match with Ajax. Interesting chat about their football trips around Europe! (Nice persons 3 & 4).

    After lunch, pleasant stroll via Vonderpark to the Museum district. Chance to see the gardens around the Rijksmuseum before visiting the Van Gogh Museum, a fascinating two and a half hours.

    Supper time spent at a friendly bar sitting next to 2 ladies from Dublin and joined by a Dutch friend of theirs (Josh). Lively and interesting conversation, only interrupted by Josh looking at his phone and telling us that the Queen had died! Continued with our pleasant evening, lovely end to the day. (Nice persons 5,6 and 7, not forgetting the barman!).
    Read more