Satellite
  • Day 21

    Gerry & Chat's Wedding, Ferry & Ceremony

    March 11, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    We arrived very early for the Ferry to MONA (like about 1.5 hours early), parked and went for a walk along the docks. We found a Van Diemens Land Icecreamery and had an icecream, then walked back to the Brook St Pier.
    They were setting up for the night markets, and we were able to have a look at a few of the stalls set up and at the markets set up inside the pier terminal. Then as more of the guests for the wedding and family started to show up, I left Millie and Lindsay to get the ferry, while I drove to the MONA. We had decided that I would drive so we were not restricted by when we had to leave, in case Millie was not able to cope with the late night.
    It took a while to get there, but the drive to MONA was easy enough.
    Once there I met up with Mum and Dad and we had a drink while waiting for the Ferry to arrive.
    Millie again had a ball on the Ferry that not only had drinks for all the guests of the wedding but she was also amused by the presence of sheep including a ceiling sheep. She was also wrapped to see her aunties and uncles, as well as great aunties and uncles who had made the trip for the wedding. She was especially excited to see Uncle Bill cause "he looks like pa!"
    When everyone had arrived, we were shown to the display Memorial to the Sacred Wind or The Tomb of a Kamikaze where Gerry and Chat were married.
    Read more