Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 42

    Into Arca

    October 29, 2023 in Spain ⋅ 🌧 50 °F

    Today we walked into a tiny village called Arca which is near O Pedruoso. We are within 20 km of the cathedral in Santiago!

    We again didn’t take many pictures due to the rain but it was not nearly as rainy today as yesterday. We had a very gentle walk through countryside and planted eucalyptus groves as well as through villages and deciduous oak groves. There were a couple sections next to the highway too. Some of our Camino friends were talking about the movies fan’s documentaries about the Camino. One thing they never show is how much of the Camino is on paved roads and next to highways!

    Today we stopped for coffee early and later got a sandwich in a village. They brought us little bowls of callous con garbanzos, a soup made of garbanzo beans, broth, and tripe. It was really good! I’m not sure I’m going to start putting tripe in our shopping list but it was very good in a soup.

    We are in an unusual little casa rural, an inn. It has rooms and a little restaurant next door. We like the little restaurants in inns; you don’t have to help searching for food, and the food is usually pretty good. Lots of meat and fried potatoes, but it’s usually tasty. This village probably has 100 people max so I’m glad food is easy to find here today!

    Tomorrow we are on to Santiago!
    Read more