Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Day 12

    May 28, 2023 in Japan ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    We made it to Osaka! We left our hotel in Kyoto around 9:30 this morning, and took the metro train for roughly an hour to get to our Osaka hotel.

    We saw the next 2 days were going to be rainy, so we wanted to do as much sightseeing today as we could, even though it was super hot.

    The main attraction, Dotanbori, is half an hour walk from our hotel, so we headed there. It’s known for its street food and shopping and obviously on a Sunday it was packed. We didn’t spend too long there as it just wasn’t nice, so we walked another half hour to the “old” shopping street, Tsutenkaku Hondori Shopping Street. It was a neat place, and we even found an arcade that only had old games, like Super Mario from ‘86.

    We explored that area, and ended up in a long indoor street full of karaoke bars - aka a bar that holds 6 people and a tiny karaoke machine. It was pretty impressive. We did some shopping, then walked around more at night. There was a cool outdoor mall area we checked out.

    At this point, we were exhausted. We slowly made our way back to the hotel, checked in, did some laundry and relaxed.

    Steps finished with - 25,421
    Read more