Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Downtown Osaka

    May 10, 2019 in Japan ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    We’re getting pretty good at negiotating the subway and we’re off to find Kuroman Markets, Shitennoji Temple and Shinsekai.

    First up where the markets, the stalls were just starting to open as we got there. This is our kind of place, food everywhere. Strawberry, dried mango, king crab, Waggaand Kobe beef, octopus balls, sushimi, not to mention numerous questionable culinary delights. We had a lovely time eating our way around the stalls.

    Off to Shitennoji Temple for some quite time, there are lots of shines and temples around the city and you quite often come on one unexpectedly. Found our way to this one with the help of a young guy coming offf the train. Everyone is extremely helpful, if you ask for directions you quite often get escorted to your distinctions. This guy didn’t go that far but he did wait for us on the corner and made sure we headed in the right direction. Such a beautiful peaceful little place in the mist of a chaotic city.

    Last stop for the day, it’s heating up now and we’ve been walking for hours so when we got to Shinsekai we found a little cafe on the sidewalk and sat there with beers and Goyzas people watching. Graham kept trying to talk to the lady looking after us, she couldn’t understand anything he said but thought he was hilarious. Ha ha he’s a pretty animatiaed talker anyway but you should see the sign language when there’s a language barrier.
    Read more