Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 26

    Kotor

    16 de maio, Montenegro ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Sailing into Kotor today was just amazing. We sailed through a very long inlet almost a fiord with the scenery in both sides getting closer and closer. Pretty little villages and churches studded along the edge.

    The port is busy today there are three cruise ships in and we have to take tenders, apparently not many are available so they are getting off the lifeboats to use.
    Interesting to see inside the life boats. They hold 230 in an emergency but only 120 as a tender, so still quite roomy inside.

    Kotor town is another pretty little town, very crowded at the moment though so we headed for the back of the village where you can climb up to a church 15 euros for the pleasure of doing that. It was a pretty steep climb. Quite cold when we first started but that didn’t last long.

    What a marvellous view when we got up there. You could see right over the town and then down to where the resilient lady is anchored.
    We meet Chris, Tanya, Lan and Joc up there as well. Funny how we all headed for the hill. Oh course the church is only half way up the hill, Millie and Marl’s chests were feeling it after having this virus they are recovering from. The rest of us started off up to the top.
    Holy Moly it was a steep climb. Luckily the steps were the perfect height for me so it was pretty good on the legs but hard in the lungs.

    As well prepared as ever we had no water and the day was getting hotter and hotter, we all had long pants on. Luckily when we got to the top some enterprising soul had set up a stall there selling drinks. Only one bottle of water left which we snabbed.
    It really was an amazing view from up there. I’m glad we did it. Whoever gets the 15 euros though was making a killing. There were hundreds of people climbing that mountain.

    Coming down of course was harder on the legs than the lungs but we made it in one piece dispute a few slippery patches along the way.
    Met Marl and Millie in the town square and they had found a great little restaurant for us to have a late lunch in.
    Leia mais