Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 115

    Barrk Sandstone Walk

    August 10, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    This walks covers the high ground of Burrunggui and the lowlands of Anbangang. It’s just over 12k and the warnings about the difficulty and risks had me doing a bit of a double take. Turns out is was a doddle (?). We completed the walk in 5.5 hours despite recommendations to allow 6-8 hours. We took plenty of water but afterward we still drank a bucked of water each during the afternoon.
    It was excellent.
    The terrain was incredibly diverse. The views spectacular, there were two world renowned rock art sites along the way, a welcomed breeze blew all day even if it was a hot dry one.
    The track was as tricky as promised (in parts). There was a lot of bolder hoping were the track is invisible without the little triangles affixed here and there. The warning is that if you can’t see the next trail marker DO NOT PROCEED. We did not see another soul all day so good thing we didn’t get lost.
    Obviously we survived.
    Amazing that while we were so enamoured with the walking experience,we saw nobody, while at other features at the end of a bitumen road and a paved walking track we can see dozens of people.
    Read more