Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 195

    Cossack Dining Room

    October 29, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Chef said let’s make this old storage space into a dining room. Makes sense as there is just a bunch of random crap in here and the room is air conditioned.
    Your wish is our command Chef!
    Now our customer can enjoy the Courtyard under the enormous tree, the Terrace overlooking the Nullagine River, or, we have a rectangular room with tables and chairs. Nothing noteworthy there, except for the air conditioning, and 4.5m high ceilings which is a treat in the Pilbara and great acoustics. Oh yes, and the artwork that found its way to the walls. (With more on the way). One of these item has a price tag of $16,000 virtue of some considerable Artistic notoriety. Cossack is the home of the largest and most prestigious indigenous Art Exhibition in regional Australia. Have a virtual viewing from 2021.
    https://cossackartawards.com.au/virtual-gallery/
    The Art scene is growing in the Pilbara. There has been an art focused event every other week since July. There are even a rotation of “Artists In Residence” who run workshops and judge some competitions.
    Thursday night was the inaugural Thaanggangarli-Yarndu History and Heroes Exhibition (to give it is full name) in Roebourne’s Ganalili Centre. A big turn out and a significant achievement to showcase the Yindjibarndi culture. The exhibition space is in the ruin of an early settlement building which is roofless, dirt floor blue stone and very beautifully lit for the occasion. Present were Elders, community and Government leaders and corporate supporters (miners et al) and we the people of course.
    Read more