Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 485

    Mundiville

    August 15, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    My shifts have started, volunteering for the Mundi Mundi Bash. Nothing too glamorous - directing punters for ticket collection and those camping at the Broken Hill Racecourse. All punters present as very cheerful. They are all happy to follow basic guidance to get them where they need to be. Except one. Old mate with shaved head an goatee, reek of tobacco out the car when the window goes down. 4x4 suppliers logos on a very hectic truck and super capable looking off road van. “Where do I collect my press credentials?” With directions to park between the witches hats on the right, old mate proceeds straight ahead to create maximum inconvenience for everyone else, and a shorter walk for his sedentary ass. Sigh.
    Expecting all hell to break loose tomorrow and the next when the general punters have access to the Mundiville site.
    Let the party begin.
    Tonight only the volunteers are in camp. It is just the teal coloured spots (see screen shot of site map) and already it is the biggest camp area we have been in for the entire trip. This is gunna be big.
    We are even more excited because Zoe will join us here on Wednesday.
    Read more