Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 487

    Mundi Mundi Bash

    August 17, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Firstly- a review of the gig by a pro:

    https://themusic.com.au/reviews/mundi-mundi-bas…

    And a little video snippet

    https://vimeo.com/746410468

    Up to 10,000 punters, volunteers staff, vendors and musos in a massive paddock of Belmont Station on the Mundi Plains. All camp sites are spacious and campfires are de rigueur - it got down to 1° on Thursday.
    The organisation, the facilities, the services, the cleaning and the army of volunteers are extraordinary. The festival food is better than adequate.
    Surprisingly the are no alcohol sales which means that everyone brought heaps, but there is little evidence of people getting too messy.
    This place in not ‘just down the road’ from - well - anywhere really. Some folks spend a week + getting here so not surprising that the Mundy Mundy punters are probably 60% grey nomads, so the band lineup is mostly “Legends of Aussie Rock”. We prefer a more contemporary mix, but we can’t complain about the quality.
    Musical highlights - so many.
    Midnight Oil ripped it(their last ever performance?), Grace Knight (Eurogliders) outrageous rocking grandma. John Stevens was the king. Missy was magical. Kasey Chambers was charming, hilarious and delivered the best individual song of the 4 days (Lose Yourself. Eminem cover).
    Zoe, Regina, Chris and Ian could not sit through Barnsy’s set. We felt less pummelled by it when fireside in our camp where it was still loud and clear.
    Non-musical highlights: big sunsets, a Nutbush world record attempt (just missed), amazing setting, fund raising for R.F.D.S
    Read more