Back to SwitzerlandMarch 19, 2020 in Switzerland ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C
Yesterday Tina and me sadly decided to leave Thailand due to the facts:
- Swiss Governement recalled Swiss People on Monday to come back home,
- Thai Governement already closed one region on Monday evening - everybody (local & foreigner) has to stay 14d in quarantine, which effects us in case of stucking in one region we might have to travel trough, ESPECIALLY if we know that we'll run out of Visa Days in the beginning-midle of April,
- We already got our visa extension (30 days on arrival + 30 days extension), so we'd have to leave Thailand in April to get another 30 days (Thai Embassy in Bern coulden't help and Thai Immigration didn't answer us, when we asked if there would be an other way to get an other Visaextend),
- Flights are getting fewer and fewer,
- We still have our problem with Tinas Passport: after one Week in BKK, we managed to order a new one. But now, as everything is changing worldwide every hour, we don't want to wait till next Week, when the PP probably would arrive.
After a whole day phoning with EDA, Swiss Embassy, our incredible Travel-Insurence #DieMobiliar and with our verry helpful and friendly Travelagency #ReisebüroGeoTours,
we managed yesterday to get a flight for today.
After a few troubles with Thai Airways this morning, we finaly catched our first Flight.
We are now in Bankgok in the Transit Area and waiting fot our conecting Flight.
Situation here at the Airport: Many flights are cancelled and sometimes you feel like a ghost in huge building..sometimes it seems that almost nobody is actually in here...strange👻🤔 then a wave of travellers arrives and everything is getting bussy.
Anyway, we are healthy and lucky that we had a bunch of great moments during our journey.
Our Travel is ending now for the moment, but this is just a luxury problem..
Others might have serious illness or existential fears.
We are sooooo thankful that it seems, that we probably get out of here...
A huuuge Thank to Chrigä Christine Schäfer and Adi Adrian Bohren from #DieMobiliar and Mr. Gosteli from #ReisebüroGeoTours Thun, for your good advice, your friendliness and your unbelievable support!! THANK YOU!
To everybody: stay positive, folow the rules, be friendly and STAY HEALTHY😃🤙🏽 see yaa😜🤙🏽🌍🥳🏖Read more