Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    More snorkeling

    September 8, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Been hard to sleep the last few nights, got all the vents/mesh windows open but don’t want the door open just in case creatures crawl in or for safety when on a free park up. The fan is working great, just got to tweak a few things. Though it does sound like it’s hotter back in the uk so I’m not complaining!
    Went to a lovely secluded, quiet cove (Cala de Los Toros) for more snorkelling. A nice short walk down the hill/rocks to get to it. Few more waves so was good fun bobbing about but we didn’t stay massively long. It was cloudy and we wanted to crack on. Bit of a drive then a diversion to another beach near Callareona with golden sands and built up rock formations with caves. It was so busy though and very hot by then. Again, went for another swim and snorkel then sunbathed for a while. Gary went a little red! He was going to feel that at bed time.
    After that we found a caravan specialist to buy a new leisure battery. Ours is getting to the end of its life and what with the temperatures here, we’re finding the fridge is struggling plus when we’re trying to charge everything too. Easy enough to swap over and hopefully that’ll do the job for the next 5 years. We also managed to find a doormat too! Yay. The ones here are mostly fabric, fair weather kind of things - no good for the dark, wintry depths of the uk. This one (like the last one) is rubber so I’m happy again.
    On to our stop for the night in Los Alcázares, Murcia, where we stayed at Tom’s parent’s apartment a few years ago. Walked the beach stretch and went for a well-deserved curry. It’s getting more English here now as we’re moving towards the touristy areas. Whereas before, we barely heard any English being spoken.
    A slow wander back to the van with a cooling ice cream then application of lots of after sun on that lobster coloured back! Hoping to go to the Saturday market and not too much heavy driving now for the next week or so - we’re up to 1700 miles so far!
    Read more