Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    The fam made it!

    September 13, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    Beautiful sunrise this morning over the sea and feeling a little better than yesterday as the fam will be on their way again today.
    Did some yoga on the grass facing the sea and the sunrise - then the garden sprinklers started so I had to run indoors! Will remember that tomorrow.
    Went to the town’s market just a 25 minute walk away. A good variety of usual stuff - clothes, toys, kitchen stuff then the indoor section had loads of fresh fruit/veg/flowers/herbs etc. took a wander around the town and a bit of shopping plus looking for parks for Lucas to play in when they get here.
    Gary had a little bit of work to do so I tried out the pool. Very nice. Tile floor so slippy though so need to tell the guys to be careful with wet feet. We then walked down to the nice beach, just an 8 minute walk, and swam/hung out there for a while. Nice clear, calm waters, yellow sandy beach, slide climbing frame for kids and lots of shops and bars along the front.
    We were just trying to kill time really knowing that the guys were on their way at that point.
    The new kettle was delivered (that had tripped the fuse the day before). Fir a house that holds 8 people, he’d ordered a mini kettle that is probably the same capacity as my van kettle! Men, eh? ;0)
    After a bit more time-killing, we finally picked everyone up from the airport, what with the delays and everything, didn’t get back here until nearly 11pm our time. Lucas finally settled to sleep and we sat out chatting. Shame it was dark so they couldn’t see too much but the sea is so close you can hear it beautifully from the house. All went to bed just after midnight, very relieved!
    Read more