Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    El Campello - apartment Day 1

    September 12, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    Had a run up and down part of the beach stretch, lovely sunrise though photos never do it justice.
    Once we packed up the van we headed over to the apartment that we would be staying in for the next week. Feels nice knowing we can stretch out a bit more.
    Met one of the lovely owners, Domi who gave us a thorough showing around. Lovely house, 3 floors over looking the sea. Now worried that some of the rooms aren’t as nice as others and pleased that Justin and Marita hadn’t come as not sure we would’ve fitted comfortably? Probably for the best.
    Domi had barely gone when we got a call from Matt saying they had broken down on the M25! Felt sick to my stomach for them. So spent all day trying to help with solutions, being supportive and trying to keep occupied. I know, I’ll put the kettle on- kept tripping a fuse. We’ll go for a walk - it thundered/rained! What is this omen?!
    Did a bit of shopping but not what I had hoped - to be buying for everyone.
    By bedtime, everyone exhausted but finally home, we had a plan for the next day. Just felt awful for everyone that it put a tarnish on the trip.
    Once everyone’s here it’ll all be fine…
    Try again tomorrow.
    Read more