Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    El Campello apartment - Day 5

    September 16, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    Alex and I decided we needed a morning of shopping/browsing down the beach front sans child. There’s quite a few clothing/gift shops all selling similar stuff along with the cafes, restaurants and bars. The beach was quite busy as it’s the weekend though the water quite ‚dirty‘ from the storm the night before, the heavy rain water had made channels down the sand to the sea which then got churned up by the morning beach tractors and dragged out by the sea. I’m sure it’ll all settle soon.
    We had a wander then stopped for a crepe and a drink. Practiced my best Spanish as the guy behind the counter didn’t speak much English. We got there though. Nice easy morning.
    On the way back we stopped at the pool to see if we could find Lucas‘s lost hat. It was there. Of course, after we’d hunted high and low then bought him a new one!
    Matt took the tram in to Alicante for the afternoon for something to do. The rest of us went to the pool at the apartment. It was cloudy for the afternoon so didn’t stay for too long there as it’s cold water in the pool.
    Alex and Sean went out for dinner in the evening and we were on babysitting duty.
    Very quiet day in all. Sadly, apart from the pool and the beach, there’s not much to do around here so we spent the evening thinking about where we could that’s a bit more further afield. Made a plan to go bowling tomorrow.
    Read more