Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    A bike ride ! In Venice !

    June 3, 2022 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    Really banging out the Venice posts ! Sorry for it all at once ! I am on a train for another few hours so can’t stop won’t stop x also if I do stop it might not get posted at all so here we are xx

    We went bike riding in an island in Venice ! To a beach ! The beach was not amazing but we went for a swim and that’s all we needed. Sara and I are not people designed to be away from the water - we have been getting moody but this made us very happy. The bike ride was so so cool and it went from North of the island to the South. It was quite safe for bikes ( they had actual bike lanes ! ) and we had bought some bucket hats for some sun protection ( I hope you’re proud of this investment dad) and then went completely incognito on the ferry with masks, sunnies and hats.
    There was one restaurant at the beach so a bit priceyyy but everyone there was so nice and it had a good atmosphere ! The people were all quite funny actually :)
    Anyway, we had not ridden bikes for months before this so we were in a bit of pain later and came home so tired I had a quick power nap before we went out for Aperitivo next to the water on the island we were on (Giudecca) and that was a very pretty view.
    I’ve also attached some pics of the place we stayed at :)
    Read more