Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Motorbike trip to Tanote Bay

    April 15, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    We hired a motorbike! First time riding a bike and it was an adventure alright!!

    Hired from @DJsMotorbikeRentals Koh Tao for 300 baht for the day. His lower powered bikes were all out so we landed with a midrange. Props to Matt-o for driving for the first time after a 10 minute crash course with the dude from the store.

    Made it to Tanote Bay with no issues even though the road was STEEP and windy. The way up was… adventurous! Comical incident where both of us toppled over the bike leaving the bay and heading up the first hill. Not so funny at the time but in hindsight, it was hilarious! I managed to somehow get off the bike first while Matt was half on and suddenly gave it a little too much juice as it slid out from under him!

    Tanote bay was beautiful. The fish and coral were incredible and the clarity of the water was a thing of postcards. We had so much fun snorkelling and seeing HUNDREDS of fish. Matt spotted an octopus as well. There was a large jumping rock from which people were rope climbing to the top. That’s a ‘No thank you’ from me.

    🐙 🪸 🐠 🤿 🏍️
    Read more