Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Manly to spit hike

    November 3, 2016 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Today we actually prepared for a hike and packed a bag with water and snack plus had the right shoes and head gear to do a hike.

    We walked from Manly to Castle Rock on the Manly to Spit trail. Lovely that they have hikes like this in the heart of a big city like Sydney, this beats central park in NYC by a mile. Beautiful coastal walk with amazing lookout points.

    It was surprising hot and we were baffled with the amount of flies everywhere and o my greatness they love try to sit on you face and especially your lips. Isabel constantly said, "nee" or "gaan weg" but they don't listen. I think its just because these Aussie flies don't understand afrikaans 😜. I created a make shift fly swatter by putting a sweat towel under my cap, it worked like a charm to keep me cool and keep the flies away.

    We hiked 8km to castle rock then caught a bus back to manly to meet the Westwood's for an awesome burger at Benbry Burgers. Clay has been raving about these burgers since we met on the cruise, was nice to go try it out with him.

    Between today and yesterday we nearly walked 25km so I think we will be fine for the hike in NZ next week where we will do 52km in 4 days.

    {Roedolf}
    Read more