Satellite
  • Day 3

    Exploring "Sidni"

    November 3, 2016 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Quality time in abundance with my BF, we endeavored on another beautiful hike this morning. Water tick✅hiking boots ✅ snack ✅- we are well prepared this time.

    The only bad thing about Aus so far is the flies! Man they are soooo annoying and they kinda stick !!

    Public transport here beats New York and I am tempted to even say London. You top up your Opal and off you go & they cap it to a daily rate of Aussie$15 The trains, buses and stations are very clean, its well signed and there are staff to help confused tourists. Don't be fooled though you run for trains everywhere in the world! Today we ran into Will & Juliana while sprinting up the stairs at the station to jump on the same train.

    We took the ferry over to the Circular Quay to meet Andre, my first cousin once removed (my mom's cousin eek english is so complicated) well let me not lay out the family tree. Andre arrived in 2009, so we haven't seen each other in long time but luckily I recognized the Smith features, when we met in front of the apple store at Bondi Junction.

    Had a lovely evening in West Pennant with Andre & Mel. We braaied Aussi & Saffer style with all my favorite veggies. I love to get a feel for "Sidni" life, (as the Aussies say it) life and get perspective on a local's day. Mel grew up in Sydney so her views is obviously not through expat glasses, like majority of Sydney. We shared some ski and snowboard stories. Andre has been to NZ quite a few times, this made us even more excited for our time in Queenstown.

    Privileged to get a local spin on things with some family in the mix. This is much more fun than to rush around congested tourist sights.

    {Issy}
    Read more