Satellite
  • Day 2

    Like a local

    December 9, 2016 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    Today I am happy to be "Melbourner" . When we started our travels I mentioned to Roedolf when we go somewhere I want to pretend I live there. I want to blend in and do regular things that the locals do. Who cares about the tallest building and all the touristy stuff when 9 out of 10 times it doesn't really live up to the expectation. Hence we kicked of Friday morning with a run to MCG to pick up out cricket tickets and grabbed a coffee in Fitzroy gardens , a place that is a local hotspot.

    Our airbnb was also handpicked by me in a quirky neighborhood called Richmond, everything is walkable or a tram ride away. Our home is vintage with a chicness. I am happy with the Laura Ashley towels and very sharp chopping knives ( for chopping veggies not killing big hisbands) Vietnamese noodle stalls, Greek tavernas, and classic Australian pubs all line the main streets of Richmond. This culinarily and culturally diverse neighbourhood also boasts hip bars, farmers markets, and shopping options, from big box stores to small boutiques. Off the main streets and on the Yarra River bikers cruise by while rowers stroke along to the rhythm of chirping birds.

    {Issy}
    Read more