Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 27

    26 Usharia 2 and the train to the end

    2 grudnia 2023, Argentyna ⋅ ☁️ 5 °C

    Our train is 930 . What time do we need to wake up ? What’s the plan ? Well we discussed it last night over Amrits vodka , red wine and deformed pizza .
    Yes it’s an earlier start than planned it’s 630!
    After breakfast at 8 we catch a cab to the train station just out of town to join El tren del fin del mondo! It’s a selection of small trains that take people on the old route to a penal colony . There is a mid day point to view waterfalls and be offered the photo that was taken with some convicts at the train station’s entrance . The train goes just into the national park Tierra del Fuego and after a short journey down the valley we are dropped off . There is a short walk down to the coast and the Beagle Channel and the post office at the end of the world . There are hoards of folk queuing to send postcards to friends!
    There are some fantastic vistas across the channel dotted with islands and backed by the snow capped mountains.
    We opt for a walk of 7 k along the coast to enlarge the views and see the park . The sun shines all is good .
    A walk back to ensure we catch the last train at 4pm
    Back in town for beer , bank and bad news for Forest! Bah - it was a good day !
    Czytaj więcej