Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 27

    27 Boat ,Beagle Channel and penguins

    2. joulukuuta 2023, Argentiina ⋅ ☁️ 6 °C

    After a few beers we pop in the Irish pub to say farewell to one of the good guys who is leaving tonight but we hadn’t been told of the pub as we’re still the odd couple and outsiders and not the young guns and originals ! This tour attracts an odd selection of folk but who cares ?
    At the hostel I have a disturbing conversation from one of the originals / older chap who has been isolated ! He’s pretty down and going to spend the next five days on the bus with four women - not something he’s looking forward to !
    In the morning we discover that the young original gang have had an argument about wine ! Weird !

    Back In the normal world we take the 9am cruise down the channel to see the penguins!
    It’s actually more than just the odd butler-like birds as there are Seagulls , cormorants, sea lions , and the odd albatross.
    We pass the Faro / lighthouse and Gable island in mid channel which was one of the first old estancias due to fertile sandy glacial soil . It’s a six hour round trip down the Glaciated passage of the Beagle channel joining Pacific with Atlantic .
    The highlight is Isla Martillo or Hammer island home of the penguins including today one king penguin! Another isolated guy !
    The weather has been good again - not too much of anything !
    Back in town it’s a quiet Sunday afternoon looking for some bar , some wi fi to kill the time pre this evenings vigil …3am !!!
    Lue lisää