Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Gaye, Ross and Wonder were nearly here

    May 4, 2022 in Canada ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    The passenger rail service in Canada is limited but the trains that do run are comfortable and efficient. We take a 4-hour ride to the city of Windsor, which has been an overspill from the car industry of the USA. In fact, the river that separates the USA from Canada is only about the width of the Thames at the Dartford Bridge (500 yards) and the skyscrapers of Detroit are so close, you could almost touch them. My phone is getting texts from the network saying "Welcome to the USA"! It's a surreal feeling to be so close to another country but with border regulations, so far. And also that at this point the USA is north of Canada. Image 1 confirms that spring in Canada lags that of Britain, while the second image is a view from our hotel window.

    A walk along the river front is eerily quiet, unlike our South Bank which is teeming throughout the day. It's quite nice to be free of crowds but it's almost as if the city were still in lockdown. But solace follows at the excellent Craft Heads Brewery, which makes 16 (yes, SIXTEEN) brews on site. No thirsts in Windsor!
    Read more