Satellite
  • Day 1

    Heathrow

    February 19, 2017 in England ⋅ ☁️ 10 °C

    Two years of planning have led to James and I toasting the adventure of our lives. We are jetting off, and over five months we will visit nine countries. Starting with the Carnaval in Rio, we will then follow the gringo path around South America, through Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Bolivia and Peru. From there, we hop and skip across the Pacific, with a week each in the USA and Fiji, before landing in New Zealand just in time for the Lions rugby tour!

    The aim of this blog is to keep friends and family up to date with our travels in a way you can dip in and out. Hopefully then once the trip has ended it can be turned into a book we will treasure!

    We're waiting to boarding after a last minute splurge on an Italian restaurant before months of supermercado food. I'm finding myself nervous about the trip, however that feeling is outweighed by the anticipation of the adventures ahead, with no pressure or responsibilities on our heads.

    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

    Mark Twain
    Read more