Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Lolling About In Llangollen.

    September 12, 2023 in Wales ⋅ 🌧 13 °C

    So the plan was to have a look around the town and make a start on the return trip late afternoon. Sometimes plans change and so they did and an extra nights mooring was booked.

    In the morning we dropped into Llangollen to have a look around the town. After wandering along the main streets, we found ourselves in St Collen's Church. There has been a church on this site since early in the 7th century.

    Around lunchtime, we took a break for teas and coffees and scrumptious homemade plain scones served with lemon curd or strawberry jam. We then acquired the following days dinner, three enormous pasties of artisan fayre and a sufficiency of baked beans to accompany them before going our separate ways.

    Monica, Ann and Pauline much enjoyed a visit to Plas Newydd historical house, a short way out of town. Alas no photos.
    Me, Kev and Ron further separated with Me and Kev dropping Ron off at the barge to take a nap while we took a hike to the end of the canal, Horseshoe Falls and St Martin's Church.

    The day finished with the usual G&T aperitifs, Ann's delicious oriental beef dish accompanied by the usual flow of wine and then film night on the DVD player, 'Fisherman's Friends 2'

    Although not gloriously sunny, the weather was once again good to us not delivering all the rain the forecast had predicted.
    Read more