Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 91

    Coral Bay Shark Nursery

    February 29, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    I woke up around 6.30 am today. As Kara was still asleep I used the time to download the pictures from my under-water camera.

    At 7.30 she woke up and we had breakfast together.
    Afterward, we packed all our stuff together and were ready to go already at 8.50 am.

    The first stop for today is, Coral Bay 😉
    We just left the camp and parked on the other side of the road to walk to the Shark Sanctuary or also called Shark Nursery.
    It was around 25 in to walk to their bay. The water is very shallow here and we directly saw two small rays. Shortly after that, we spotted the first shark!
    And it didn't take a long time to find more.
    Most of them were swimming towards us and turning around like 2 m in front of us. 😳
    We were standing until our knees in the water and the sharks we saw were around 1-1,2m long.
    It's Black Tip Reef Sharks we saw, but there are also White Tip Reef Sharks, Grey Reef Shark and Lemon Reef Sharks living here.
    As we didn't want to disturb them so much we stayed close to the shore and didn't walk around the hole Sanctuary to look for more species of sharks. For me, it was already very fascinating like this!
    So we walked back to the car to keep on traveling. 😊
    Read more