Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 91

    Road to Exmouth

    February 29, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    Leaving Coral Bay behind us around 10 am we had 150 km in front of us to Exmouth.
    Again nothing to do or see on the way. Except for the towers beside the road...
    I don't know what they are and what to call them, but they are everywhere here!
    We didn't see them before, the first one shortly before Coral Bay.

    I don't really know how to describe the vegetation here. It's even less than before. And we were really wondering what the cows we saw here are eating...
    It can't be too much, because they were not looking so good...

    It's hot here... We left Coral Bay with 32 degrees, up here it's between 38-40 degrees 🥵
    And with almost no trees around shade is rare. 😳😅

    We reached Exmouth at around 11.30 am.
    At first, we went to the visitor center to get some information about campsites along the west coast of the Exmouth peninsula.
    Good, we asked, because you need to book them online. So we sat down, using the wifi there and booked the campsites for the next two days and made a plan for the last 5 days we have together as well.

    With all plans set and the campsites booked, we went to store up as we need enough food and water for 2 1/2 days!
    In the town, the cockatoos are sitting around on the chairs everywhere!

    We got all we need and then went to Bundegi Bay for lunch. Nice beach but way too many flies... Super many flies 😳😬

    So we didn't stay here too long.
    We went to Osprey Bay, it's the last reachable campground for a 2 wheel drive on the west coast of the Exmouth Peninsula.
    We will stay here for one night and then travel up and explore a part of the coastline and the Cape Range National Park tomorrow and stay one more night in it, at Neds Campsite before heading back to Exmouth for our snorkeling trip. 😊
    Read more