Satellite
  • Day 232

    Port Grimaud

    November 11, 2019 in France ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    We spent Remembrance Sunday riding to a regional flea market, the ride there was lovely but while we were mooching it started to rain so we and most of the stall holders rapidly returned to our transport and headed for the nearest town and some shelter. It hammered down. First we had a chocolat chaud, but it was still raining and we felt we were overstaying our welcome so we looked for somewhere else and unfortunately ended up in the poshest restaurant in town the meal was great but pricey. We were just grateful that after 10 mins other people started to arrive! It was only spitting for the return ride to the Marina. We only bought a DVD at the market spending €3.
    Remembrance day itself, which is a National holiday in France, we decided on a short cycle to Port Grimaud with our coats this time as rain was forecast, the port was very pretty, a bit twee but still lovely see photos. Most of them are someone else’s as it was overcast and started to rain. We checked our the property prices, blimey, a one bedroom with little garden (big enough for a table and 4chairs) and mooring was €600,000, we won’t be moving there anytime soon. But we did find Monroe’s an English pub for a cuppa before a beach stroll a quick look at what seemed to be giant bonsai trees and a stop for bread and milk before the heavens opened for the afternoon.
    Read more