Satellite
  • Day 277

    Christmas Day and Boxing Day

    December 26, 2019 in France ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    We managed a quick dip on Christmas Day before a hot shower and delicious Christmas lunch with our French friend Nicholas. Then a FaceTime chat with my family who were at my brothers for what I am told was a truly spectacular meal. Sadly my Dad missed out as he has the stomach bug that’s doing the rounds.
    Boxing Day doesn’t seem to be celebrated as such in France with businesses open as usual though more people were wondering around and trying out their Christmas presents? I did a circuit session earlyish, not too early as a bit bloney cold outside, then after breakfast we rode to the beach to continue our clean up operation and took some pictures on the way. Sadly the local birds are really camera shy and kept flying off but you can just about make out the flamingos and swans and of course gulls and teens. We are definitely loosing the cleaning battle by the way as not only is the rubbish arriving via the ocean but also via the river. On the beach were a number of walkers and also fishermen, a couple of them had set up their rods then collected some driftwood and had made a fire. I’m not sure if their wives realised they had the tefal frying pan. Later on we tried a run but my Achilles is still not happy so have now applied deep heat, a support and am keeping it elevated, we are resting on the couch. Hope everyone has had a great time and is looking forward to the New Year.
    Read more