Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 425

    Still in Aigues- Mortes

    May 22, 2020 in France ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    It’s been a while since my last post mostly because we haven’t been doing very much that’s note worthy. Anyway here is an update.
    In theory the canals will reopen for pleasure craft on the 29th as all necessary checks, maintenance and staff will be in place say the vnf, they’re responsible for the navigable waterways of France, however it is up to the Prefecture of each area to decide whether or not to allow pleasure boats. Great! We have do idea who to ask or how we are just planning on setting off and seeing how far we get before we are stopped.
    Here in Aigues-Mortes it is almost business as normal but with hand sanitizer everywhere and masks for shops. Lots of bars and cafes are doing takeaway food and drink which is weird but they need the money, the French economy isn’t doing great.
    Today we decided to go for a walk even though we are now dogless as her owner decided to defy the travel ban and head to Sète anyway, he hasn’t come back so we can only assume he’s OK. We walked up the western side of the Aigues-Mortes triangle and then west along the Rhône a Sète canal to the Portes de Vidourle. From there we walked a little way south along the Vidourle river before turning Eastwards and walking through the Bois de Quincadon. We stopped near the start of the woods to pick mulberries of the three trees we found on our last walk that way. Then continued on though the woods to the outskirts of town, it’s was lovely but very warm. The temperature is now 33degs but thankfully here on the back of the boat there is a lovely breeze.
    The other thing to be thankful for, we hope, is the arrival of our mobile air con unit, just got to sort out the venting hose.
    Read more