Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    Good morning Vietnam!

    March 21, 2019 in Vietnam ⋅ 🌙 29 °C

    A very long bus ride from Cambodia.
    We got stuck at a rest stop with no money as we exchanged all our money and forgot to keep some for some food on the road to Vietnam.

    Met a friendly father figure Scottish gentleman on the bus, whom gave us some awesome tips for Vietnam.
    He even bought us some food out of pitty and asked us to pay it forward.

    Got to our bus stop and walked over to our hostel, just to discover after an hour of deliberation, that we were at the wrong hostel and had to walk another 3 km.

    Finally at the correct hostel, dropped our bags and venture into the nightlife of the back roads of ho chi Minh.

    Eating at a local vendor with Vietnamese only menu, we had to spin the dice and just eat what was placed infront of us.
    Not knowing, we decided not to use google translate just to be sure.

    Walking along empty dark streets, we stumble on an open coffee shop, yet they only sell beer and cocktails at that time of night, so beer it is.

    With some younger crowd around us, it was very uncomfortable as they kept starting with commentary.

    Feeling pressured, we left for some much needed sleep.
    Read more