Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Easter Monday

    April 22, 2019 in England ⋅ ☀️ 10 °C

    Edward slept a little better last night, although still woke for the day around 6am as usual. After a slow ish start we set off for a walk, Edward in the sling. We walked past the harbour, which was still fairly quiet, up the hill and along the clifftop path, through the golf course, which was also quite quiet, and down onto the beach beyond. All the while Edward snoozed peacefully. Our return trip was the reverse and Edward woke while on the clifftop path. Once back in Seahouses he suddenly announced his hunger so we hastily made our way to our favourite feeding bench.

    We returned to the caravan via the Northumbrian Hamper, a shop in the town selling all manner of food and drink that one might put in a hamper, to buy ice cream to go with tonight’s pudding.

    Later in the afternoon we decided to go for yet another walk, this time using the buggy, and rather than contend with the hoards on a bank holiday afternoon we set off around the caravan site (being nosey) and then out along the road footpath towards Bamburgh. Turning around before the edge of Seahouses itself we headed back along the clifftop path on that side of the town, which was a little bumpy for the buggy.

    This evening we tested out the baby bathing facilities in Willerby... Edward was perhaps a little puzzled as to why he had his bath on the kitchen floor!
    Read more