Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 43

    Grenada - Jaen - Grenada

    June 12, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    A Trip to Jaen! What could possibly go astray! Our Sat Nav once again had a hissy fit and couldn’t cope with the city centre! It was programmed to go to Central parking, which was managed after one false start, and generally ignoring the technology. Euan had some terrifying moments trying to make turns, (above ground and below ground in the car park). Made it in the end. Walked around the outside of cathedral, declined the 7 euros entry, then had a cool drink to recover. Similar disaster trying to get out and go to the castle. Abandoned all hope and set off to find wider streets, and the route back to Grenada👍.
    Cecily & I volunteered to do the laundry to allow the driver & navigator time to recover st the hotel. We also found a supermarket and bought roast chicken and potato. salad, tomatoes and a loaf of bread. This fed six snd cost less than the price of one meal at the local restaurants!
    After our hotel room ‘picnic’ we explored more streets around the hotel. Lots if shops open at 8pm, the streets were crowded with people; some shopping, young couples with small kids etc. restaurants busy etc. still very warm.
    Read more