Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 44

    Grenada to Lorca

    June 13, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Good start from Grenada, then on the motorway to Lorca. Stopped at a motorway servicino for a break, then through the town of Lorca and winding our way up to the castle and Parador de Lorca where we are staying. The paradore is built on an archeological site, with the remnants of the Moorish fortress/castle. We had lunch in style then went for a look around the castle - which of course was closing in 30 mins. We made a dash around. The view was great. Back to the Paradore, and a swim in the pool. Though we might also use their spa pool, but the cost was 35euro /person for one hour! Dinner at 2030 was an adventure. Three menues , all varied in their descriptions. The waiter was a charming youth. The whole thing descended into ‘Manuel’ territorial at intervals,🤣. The barman spoke English so he helped out. He learnt his English because the school had a Swedish female student, who he liked very much!!!! She must have given special tutorials because he really had learnt a lot!
    Dinner! A success👍. Cantaloupe Melon liquidised, and a tiny square of egg flan for starter, bread & olive oil.
    Grilled Bream and asparagus- three half spears🙂, followed by pistachio cake and chocolate ice cream. Actually, the best meal so far.
    Back to the Cant room to view the flood lit castle keep!
    Amazing Paradore, state built & run. Architecture very much in keeping with remains of castle.
    Read more