Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 52

    Primosten

    June 21, 2023 in Croatia ⋅ 🌙 24 °C

    Woke in In Scradin, had breakfast while the boat sailed through the narrow channel to Sibenik, moored there and went for a tour of the city with Dora. There was a Children’s Festival on with their self painted portraits hanging everywhere. I think it is an international event, as there were thousands of paintings.
    We left there and headed off to Primosten. We had rain! Quite light, but with a drop in temperature. This time we’re we’re in familiar territory as we had called in previously. Cecily decided to make straight for the beach. We were the only people there. It took a little bit of courage to get in, but ok once we were wet!
    The sun came out so we climbed up to the top deck and lounged on sun loungers. This was followed by warm showers. Eventually we wandered back into town and Eke & I did sone more purchasing. Lucy was having a wild time with all the fabulous fruit in the market. It’s locally grown, except the pineapples which come from South Africa. Devine apricots, peaches, cherries, water melons etc. we collected up a selection and headed back to the boat for a picnic tea. ( we had been given a full three course meal at lunch time)!
    Lovely evening with other passengers. Canadian, Aussies, French, German , Swiss/Croatian and American.
    Read more