Satelit
  • Hari 63

    Sunday is a Hashing Day!

    5 Ogos 2018, Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 88 °F

    Getting ready to meet up with the Saigon Hash House Harriers. Yay!

    Yesterday was a lot of walking, but I got new shoes--I'm afraid what the Hash will do about that--so it was better than it would have been in flip-flops. By around 3 pm, I couldn't take anymore of the heat, so I spent a couple hours in the hostel before heading to the World of Heineken. Amazing!

    First stop, floor 49 for the observation deck. Next, floor 60 to begin the tour, which includes my first use of Virual Reality goggles in a kind of mini-ride where you are made into beer, bottled, and sent to a party, all while you sitting in racing seats while he deck below you moves and cool or heat fans blow on you. Cool.

    Next, down the stairs to Floor 59 for a lesson on how to pull properly a glass of Heineken. Then we got to drink it. 🍺 The bar was a big red star! Next was getting behind the wheel...of a video game. Formula 1 racing thing with gas and brake pedals. Very cool. The last stop was down the stairs again to Floor 58 where we tasted two new beers named Wild Lager. Instead of using the Heineken yeast, they use one found in the Himalayan Mountains and another found in the Argentinian Patagonian Forrest. The Himalayan one was better. We also had two free beers 🍺🍺 and a water 💧(responsible drinking) and I spent a few minutes speaking with a Irish couple. Back on the ground floor, I got my personalized bottle of beer 🍺. Yay! Although I'm going to have to figure out a way to get it cold so I can drink it before I have to pack again (Tuesday).

    Got get dressed! ON ON! Out for now. ✌️
    Baca lagi